Resident Assistants Needed
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time, Part Time
The DuPage County Health Department has several Resident Assistant positions to fill. They have openings in Addison, Bloomingdale, Wheaton, Naperville and West Chicago. Working in this position, you will have the opportunity to provide life-changing assistance to adult clients, who live with behavioral health disorders. The program focuses on teaching clients to live independently with the goal of being able to live self-sufficiently within a community. All positions provide an opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, while gaining valuable experience working in the field of Human Services.
Starting rate is $15.00 per hour, with a $2.00 per hour shift differential for our second shift along and 2.50 per hour for our third shift. This position is on our second shift Wednesday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm. They are offering a $500.00 bonus payable after six months and another $500.00 payable after one year. Overtime is available, however not required.
As a full-time DuPage County employee, you will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefit package which includes, Paid Training, 12 Paid Holidays per year, vacation, sick and personal time. To see a complete list of our benefits, click on the benefit tab.
- Provides assistance to adult clients with serious mental illnesses in learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing, demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions.
- Provides education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills.
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Participates and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art.
- Monitors medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications.
- Assists in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments.
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles.
- Maintains records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.