Senior Manager, Health Policy & Coding
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, Management
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics is seeking a Senior Manager for Health Policy and Coding. You will direct the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) coding and code valuation activities and manage related health care finance initiatives. Staff the Committee on Coding and Nomenclature. Some duties and responsibilities are the following:
- In collaboration and alignment with the goals and mission of AAP, lead staff in providing coding assistance and resources to AAP members, including oversight of the AAP coding support product and services portfolio.
- Provide primary staff support to the Committee on Coding and Nomenclature (COCN).
- Collaborate with AAP staff, committees, sections, and councils in the identification of issues related to code valuation and coding activities and resources and to inform the AAP Board of Directors and other senior leadership.
- Respond to requests for coding information from AAP members and staff, as well as external organizations.
- Contribute to the innovative development and implementation of AAP health care financing programs, including educational programs and policy development activities related to coding and code valuation in alignment with the AAP priorities.
- Communicate AAP health care financing priorities to AAP national and chapter leadership
- Serve as an AAP expert and resource on coding/valuation, and communicate AAP policies on these issues to key stakeholders.
- Foster staff involvement across departments regarding coding related activities and foster collaborative relationships with external health care organizations.
- Identify and report on key trends in health care financing to stimulate the development of new resources and programs, particularly as they relate to valuation and coding and understand the coding needs of members and develop strategies to address key coding needs by implementing processes and advocacy activities utilizing the expertise of COCN.
- Assist AAP committees, task forces, councils, and sections in the administration of the American Medical Association (AMA)/Specialty Society Relative Value Scale Update Process Committee (RUC) surveys, including identification of survey respondents and reference services, collection and analysis of survey data, and maintenance of files and records related to the Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS).
- Coordinate the submission of relative value unit (RVU) recommendations to the RUC, as well as coordinate the dissemination of related information with the Academy’s members and alternates with the following groups: RUC, RUC Advisory Committee, and major medical specialty societies.
- Contribute to the development of AAP policy positions related to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) RBRVS physician fee schedule rulings in the Federal Register.