Systems Administrator – CITRIX
Company: Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (Illinois Tollway)
Type: Full Time
The Illinois Tollway has a Systems Administrator -CITRIX position open. This position is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the Citrix Infrastructure. This will include but is not limited to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops as well as its components. The position will require working with servers, storage, software and other technologies to support the organization. This position provides daily administrative tasks, support tasks, and project work. Essential Job Functions:
The Systems Administrator (Citrix) will be responsible for assisting with overall Citrix and Microsoft systems administration which requires proficiency in several disciplines. The candidate will be required to support a multi-server environment with both physical and virtual servers. The Citrix Administrator will be required to work with Citrix core technologies across the entire organization. The successful candidate must have experience supporting enterprise level Citrix infrastructures including:
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (Ideally at least ver 1912 LTSR CU2)
- Storefront Server
- Citrix User Profile Manager
- Citrix Machine Creation Services
- Citrix Director
- Citrix Studio
- Citirix Netscaler ADC
- Citrix ADM
- The Systems Administrator (Citrix) will perform daily administrative tasks on the infrastructure as well as work on projects and provide end user support when required. This individual will be required to maintain and continually improve the environment to provide the highest levels of service to the user base.
- Assess performance of systems and make adjustments, capacity planning and growth projections, assist with end-user support, and perform software installs and upgrades.
- This individual will be required to maintain the operation of various sites. Business operation demands 24/7/365 continuous up time so candidate must be able to work extra-hours when needed which may include holidays and weekends. Continuously changing software and hardware platforms require ongoing training and self-directed learning to maintain skill set. Based on the functions of the Citrix Administrator position the candidate will have Admin level rights and access to sensitive and confidential information and must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills, proficiency with design, implementation and support of Citrix based solutions, and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of Enterprise networking, and Internet fundamentals. The candidate should be able to troubleshoot all aspects of Citrix technologies effectively and understand the product flow, patch management, software distribution and logging in detail. Applicants should also have similar skills in Active Directory Services.