Ukrainian Sponsor Support Coordinator
Company: World Relief
Aurora, Carol Stream, Chicago
Type: Full Time
World Relief seeks a Ukrainian Sponsor Support Coordinator to join their team. The Sponsor Support Coordinator role supports World Relief’s efforts of engaging the community to develop authentic relationships with refugees and immigrants by fostering welcoming communities for mutual transformation. The role is responsible for training, supporting, and providing resources to sponsors as they engage with Ukrainian humanitarian parolees to sponsor their placement in the Chicagoland area, extend friendship, assist with adjustment, and learn from one another. The role will collaborate closely with Self Reliance Association staff in Chicagoland in developing a sponsor support hub.
- Through partnership with other staff and organizations, compile resources for Ukrainian parolee sponsors.
- Work closely with Self Reliance Association staff, World Relief colleagues, church partners and other community organizations to provide training to new sponsors and ongoing resource provision and mentorship to sponsors further along their journey.
- Communicate consistently with World Relief, Self Reliance Association staff, and other organizations to gather information and needs of sponsored Ukrainians to ensure sponsors are partnering with families in a helpful manner and adapt training and coaching resources to meet evolving needs.
- Provide sponsor support, including phone/email/in-person communication, for Ukrainian sponsors who reach out with questions and various support needs. Provide coaching, resources and guidance to support the sponsors’ partnership with the beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with national World Relief staff for national program consistency, learning, and sharing best practices among other offices also providing sponsor support.
- In collaboration with Self Reliance Association, coordinate and/or facilitate group gatherings for sponsors to promote peer learning and peer support.
- Maintain up-to-date records of sponsor information, hours and activities; enter data regularly into data recording system alongside Self Reliance Association staff.
- Joining with the rest of the World Relief Church and Volunteer Engagement team, participate in representing World Relief at designated events and activities.